Monday, February 4, 2008

Cross Country Skiing!








So Jon and I finally did it! We completed our first Cross Country Ski trip to the Yurt! He has been begging to do it forever and we finally had the time! IT WAS AMAZING! I loved every minute of it ... well not so much the sore thighs, but everything else was Awesome! There are no words to explain the peace and the magic you feel when you're sitting silent and it's snowing in the mountains!
We left last Thursday on Jons last day of his job and celebrated with a little overnight excursion to the Uintahs! My pack wasn't quite as heavy as his but I am still pretty proud of myself for carrying a pack at all! (I know it looks kind or rediculous.)
We left the kids with Jons parents and got there about 4:00 so we just hoped to make it to the Yurt by dark. Once we got there, Jon spent about a half an hour trying to start the propane while I tried to set up and start a fire inside. We were getting kinda hungry so I turned on the stove not thinking that it would need propane. Realizing that quickly I tried to turn it off and me being the girl scout that I am...hahaha... couldn't turn the dang thing off, which actually turned out to be a good thing since it started right away. I decided after about a minute of laughing to myself that I should probably tell Jon that the propane was already on and the hot water, he was pouring on the supposedly frozen pipes, wasn't doing anything! Anyway, it was an awesome trip and we can't wait to take the kids in the summer ...no I will not ski in with 2 kids on my back. Only Jon is that insane!

3 comments:

Tiff and Rand said...

How fun is that! Randy wants to do this SO bad. And you look adorable, like you're modeling snow suits...or hiking packs! I'm glad you guys had fun and didn't get snowed in or anything!

Momma Dil said...

Wow, is there anything you guys can't do? I am so impressed! And Ashlee, you look awesome in those pictures!

Tisha said...

That trip looks like a blast! I am so jealous. Good choice on leaving the kiddos with Grandma & Grandpa.