Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th of July

PARADES, FIREWORKS & FAMILY TIME!
What else is there in life right???
This weekend was crazy...fun, but crazy!
Thursday was the annual Riverton Parade. Friday was the ward cookout, family time at grandma Harris' house and out to dinner with just us that night! Then Saturday was boating with the Ostler fam! Crazy packed weekend! But so FUN!
Poor Hanna was stuck in her carseat during the whole parade. She actually did OK with all the taffy we loaded in front of her! I have never seen her so hyper. It was hilarious when we got home. She would stand in the family room and run full throttle straight into the love sac in our room, funniest thing ever!

I love this picture with Hunter and my Dad. It is just like them. My dad teaching Hunter something funny to say and Hunter showing his nod of approval.

Grandma Harris made these yummy cupcakes when we came over, I wish I could take the credit for them they were so good!

Hunter seeems to think so too, he had 5 of them!

So for the rest of the 4th we were finishing our landing in our house and Hunter went to get Mommy's tool box so he could help. Jon pulled out this old peice of wood and helped him hammer in all the protruding nails. What a good worker we have!
And finally that night we got some or our own family time! I do love visiting family but there is nothing like coming home and spending time with "Just us" at the end of the day! We went out to dinner at Jordan Landing and lit fire works that night!

So Saturday we went boating... and Jon bought a new toy! I didn't get a picture of it but it is a new Canoe! He was so excited to bring it to the lake with us! Yeah, so excited that he made me and Hunter go out with him as soon as we got there and he...tipped us! It would have been ok if I wasn't still wearing my clothes, ugh! Oh well, it was fun and the kids had ablast on the tube and just running around like crazy kids do!
-----------------------------------------------------
I couldn't resist puting in some pics of the kids playing together. I don't think there is a greater reward as a mommy than seeing your children "play nice" together! Hunter really does take care of his little sister. His favorite thing with her is waking her up in the morning. He says "good morning sweetheart" to her and she walks out holding her 2 blankets and a ride along horsey!

These are all pictures of the cabin. There is the kiss that they love, the Hanna chasing Hunter picture and the ring around the rosey picture! And do I really need to say anything about the last one, I just couldn't resist. I have got to stop posting pictures of my naked Hanna.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Your kids are getting so big! I haven’t seen them for a while now. They are so cute! It sounds like you guys had a very busy/fun weekend!

Marianne said...

Cute and fun! Don't you just love family time? There's nothing better. I know I say this in every comment I make, but you're kids are so cute! That one of them kissing is so precious. One of these days when we're not busy we really need to get our kids together and play.

Eldon said...

I think Jon was nuts to get in the river.

Tisha said...

Such cute pics. Looks like a BUSY 4th of July. Dave will be so jealous of Jon's NEW canoe. Have him check out our blog and he can see pics of the "very used" canoe he and Dave bought years ago, it will make him appreciate his brand new one EVEN more :)

Mare said...

Looks like you had a great holiday - full of lots of stuff! I loved the pics of the kids - some of my kids (one namely) is a very anti physcial affection kid - so it is great to see in other kids!
The canoe seems to be a hot topic of conversation right now. Fun! Where did you go?