Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping/ Family Reunion!





This weekend we went up to Huntsville and had our annual Harris family reunion! Like always, it was very extravagant and fun. They go all out with everything from meals to water works to the country store. It is really fun. This year the our family were in charge of the festivities so it wasn't quite as relaxing, actually quite stressful but still a blast! The night before we camped near Pine View Reservoir. It is so beautiful there. We took a walk down to the river and Hunter made us all laugh:


"So Hanna, I think I'm going to get in the water like daddy!"


He decides that dad does look pretty cool stepping in the water, he thinks he wants to try it... he gets out there, lasts about 2 seconds and...

turns right around! I had to capture the face following...

"Owie mom. That stings"

And of course I love the comforting moments afterword. Is it bad that I love it when they get hurt...most of the time... so I can cuddle them?! Oh well it's my right as a mommy!
Hanna is a very independant girl. She wanders off alot but is very confident also. This is one of the many moments where she goes and finds a peaceful spot and just relaxes. I love to watch her because I am always wondering what she is thinking.

This is the best smile I could get after camping??? Was he really going to be this ornery the rest of the day?
What a cutie! She stayed by me and didn't want to go in the water! I love it!
Me and Jon after after camping, I must admit, I brought a curling iron! I know pathetic but hey, if you're gonna camp, camp in style right?!

The reunion was packed full with Jeopardy, gunny sack races, pinatas, tug-of-war, the country store, the egg toss, the marshmallow gun fight and the best of all... the water kick ball game we invented! It was set up great. Each base was a swimming pool and the home base was a slipping slide! I could not resist taking a picture of MaryAnn sliding into home! Everyone loved it!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! What a girly-girl you are! Your hair is so dark- I love it! Does it have red in it? It looks really cute.

Julz said...

Hey Ashlee! I hope you don't mind that I looked up your blog. Your kids are getting so big! Looks like you have been having a great summer. Great blog!

Tisha said...

Too bad we missed all the fun. Looks like you guys did an AWESOME job with games!!!!!

Lolly Soulier said...

Ellie just came in and said, "Who's that?" I love the dark short hair, do you like it? What a beautiful place for a reunion. Ah, I love summer. I love you too, and miss you like crazy. Take care friend!