Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lake Powell~!!!

Sorry it took so long to post anything, I have just been enjoying being home and, well,...been a little lazy! You would know that by the laundry that I am still doing from a week and a half ago..AAAAGH!

Anyway, Lake Powell was, as always, awesome! This year was a little different seeing as our BOAT SUNK! To those of you who aren't familiar with boating...this is not a common occurrence. To make a long story short, we working on a problem in the motor of my dad's speed boat and couldn't get the part until morning. So we left it kind of open thinking everything that was exposed to the water would be plugged up. WRONG! At about 3:30 am, while sleeping on the top of the house boat, we smelt gas. A couple people smelt it earlier and ran down to start helping and at about 4:00 we were all on land hiking over to the next cove to find a clean spot. It was an absolutely terrifying and amazing. The gas was so close to the pilot light when we found it. It wasn't an accident or coincidence that we all survived down there. We were definitely being protected and it was awesome to experience that together! WE didn't take very many pictures of that, just one of the boat parked away from us because every time we looked at it, we felt sad. It was a boat my parents have had for years and it had lots of memories in it for us...Ohwell, thankgoodness for insurance money right?
Well, it was great anyway, we did get rained on but sometimes those are the best nights becuase it cools it down. We all piled into the houseboat and turned every possible place into a bed...Hunter slept through the whole thing while being tied to the edge of the boat! Yes, we tie Hunter to the side of the house boat...I have my reasons!
We did leave Hanna with grandma so that was hard for me, but she was so happy and cool! The longer we were there the more I realized that it was a good thing she stayed home, she's too brave for Lake Powell!
Oh and I added a new playlist of my favorite boating songs! It doesn't feel like summer until I hear the Beach Boys or Bob Marley! And I know how pathetic that sounds, but you can't help what grew up with!
Hunter and my brother Chase were buddies on this trip! He was great with him! During the day we would watch a movie or play games and ride tubes and wave runners, Hunter loved it!





So cute! I love the rash guard swimming tops, it saved me a ton of time with sunscreen application!

Yeah, Hunter lived in this life jacket for a week! You can never be too careful in my opinion!
Jon of course brought his Canoe and his favorite thing was to take it right a sunset and canoe out until it was dark and find his way back! cool but EERIE!
Hunter, just a little tanning!
Before the boat sunk!


Anything is funner when Papa is with you! Hunter loves papa and grandma so much!

3 comments:

Milly said...

So sorry to hear about the boat! That really stinks! But I am glad you all had fun. Thank heaven everyone was all right! You all look so cute and tan!

Lindsay said...

hey, i was so excited to find your blog! I hope you don't mind!

Anyway, it sure looks like you had a blast on your trip! Sad about the boat! That is so lucky that eveyone was fine!

Momma Dil said...

So let me get this straight...so far this year you've been camping and had a near drowning incident and now a trip to the lake with a sunk boat. Maybe you guys should avoid vacationing for awhile...:)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I've lived here my whole life and have never been to Lake Powell so maybe we'll have to try it now!