Monday, September 8, 2008

Ugh...last week!

So Labor Day... It started out pretty good. We all planned on camping out at my mom and dad's house, which if you've seen it, it's almost like the KOA's with the campfire and the grass and the trees all around but with a little more amenities!

It poured of course so we all slept inside, it was fun! In the morning the cousins were playing together and Kelsee & I were holding our girls while we swung on the porch swing. My dad was out there playing with Hunter so I ran in to get them some milk. The both looked happy and content (no fighting with them is a good thing so we decided to capture it since it didn't happen often!)


The next thing I hear is screaming and my dad running in holding Hanna in his arms while she's covered in blood. Kelsee was right behind him holding Jordynn who was also screaming and covered in blood. My mind was racing trying to figure out what had happened in the 2 minutes I had been inside. My calculations were pretty right when I heard it.
Both girls had stood up and looked over the edge behind them. They were swinging and trying to get higher and suddenly the swing flipped backwards and Jordynn fell on the pavement below and Hanna missed it, hitting her nose right across the bridge along the edge of the porch concrete and landed in the bushes below.



This was the bath afterwards. We did finally get them calmed down and actually smiling long enough for a shot!

This is day 2, she looked alot better but like a totally different kid. Kindof resembling younger girl ROCKY! We did take her to the doctor and he said if there was bone there it definitely would have been broken. Since there isn't bone there, it's just cartilidge that had ripped and blood vessels and coagulated blood were continuously going to break for a few days. Hence, the nose bleeds for 5 days...Poor girl.

Yay! day 4! Not much better sad to say!


Hey, day 5 and getting better!




This is today and it's almost gone! I can't wait till tomorrow, it has to be gone by then right?!! Picture day AHHHHHH!

Well poor thing, she survived it just fine, more worry on my part I'm sure! Better to be safe than sorry right!

Well to make it even better...Jon was out of town all week and I was sick with the worst flu I think I've had since high school...YUCK. I think I'm on the tail end of it so hopefully I can actually get some stuff done in my house. I did get to read something my sister and friends have been bugging me about for weeks now.....


Yay! and now I am going through the phase you go through when you finish a Saga like this. Ya know, wishing I were as beautiful as Bella, wanting to know what Renesmee looks like, wishing I was as RICH as any of the Cullens, wishing I could step inside their little cottage and totally wanting a nicer car . Don't worry I'll return to normal after a few days I'm sure!

6 comments:

Milly said...

OOch! Poor Hannah! That would be aweful to see your little one in that much pain! I am glad she is feeling better, and I am glad you are too. I hate the flu. It's such a great thing your kids didn't catch it!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! Those little girls are tough! That sounded terrible. Hannah is looking much better! Hope you both get feeling better quickly.

Momma Dil said...

Geez, what a slacker. LOL - kidding! It's crazy to see the day by day pics of Hanna. What a crazy week. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh!! The poor girls! They are so TOUGH!! I wanted to cry when I saw hanna's poor little eyes. I am so so so glad that they are looking better today!

Tisha said...

I am glad Hannah is feeling/looking better! It's always much more traumatic for the moms!!!! What a tough little girl.

Congrats on finishing Breaking Dawn, it's nice to escape reality for a while and jump into the Cullen world. How would it be to never have to eat or sleep!

Mare said...

Glad she's looking better. It sounds like you have pictures coming up? Cover-up is always a great commodity to have on hand...you can borrow some from my mom if you need some - she always has it. Glad everyone was okay and that you are feeling better!