Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One brownie please...or two or three!

Okay so I know I'm pregnant and I shouldn't try to lose weight or anything right now but just MAINTAINING is a good thing for me at this point! So....I have been trying to eat healthy now that I can keep the healthy food down and swallow before gagging! Anyway, I found this amazing recipe for brownies that I just love. Some of you may not be the "box brownie" type but I totally am into convenience these days and if you can find it healthy & convenient...Double plus! It sounds weird but it's amazing!
This is what you do:

1 box brownie mix
1 can black beans
...that's all!


Drain the black beans and rinse. Then fill water to top of can with black beans still in can. Puree the beans and add to brownie mix. Stir with spoon as directed on box and cook as directed on box! Oh they are so yummy and not "healthy" tasting at all! Great serving of Fiber and protein also! Never thought you could have protein & Fiber in such a yummy treat huh? Let me know how the experimenting goes!!!

9 comments:

jilljohnson said...

I would do that with my foods students you can also do it with any cake mix. Just buy beans that color matches. I love the stories I get from the boys who down like 6 or more cupcakes in class.

Marianne said...

Are you serious? I have to admit that does not sound very good at all, but if it is yummy AND healthy I am definitely willing to try it. Where'd you find that recipe?

Bethers Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethers Family said...

I thought you were joking at first! That is such a crazy recipe. I will try it one day, when the thought doesn't make me ill :) So did the Saratoga house go through?! I am so anxious to get in our house before this little/big one joins our family. I just want all the stress of moving to be done so I can really focus on the baby. You be careful with yourself, try not to over-do it :)

Kim said...

Hi, Ashlee- I found your blog on Marianne's. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't remember if your dad had told me that you were pregnant. He probably did, but I'm sure I was oxygen-deprived at the time. Your blog is really cute. I hope you don't mind if I check in now and then. (Kim Fairbourn)

Mare said...

I've never heard of that and don't usually use the boxes, but I'm up for a try - I love black beans! BTW, you can do the same thing with pumpkin and a spice mix cake - just add a can of pumpkin and some chocolate chips and you get those yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!

DottieLou said...

even with out the bean I don't beleive there is a "yummy brownie"... glad you like 'em

Tisha said...

Okay that makes me want to gag... but it make sense. But if you are pregnant and can handle it, I will give it try! I think I will try it ONLY to make Dave think twice next time he eats ALL the brownies :)

Anonymous said...

wow. i have to try it! i cant imagine....neat!