Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring! Boating! Warm weather!

Yay! I don't know if it's the pregnant thing or what but I have the worst spring fever EVER! I am so excited about the warmer weather...I am pretending the bad weather last week did NOT happen!
The kids with Jordynn at the zoo! It was so warm! YAY! Hanna is really not evil!

Yes, we took out the boat last week. We had to see if everything was running okay and we just decided to tag along for the ride! Notice the sweatshirts...it was pretty cold when you got going 40 mph! But I had to post a picture of Hanna here. I couldn't resist posting a picture or that wedgie she had. We were laughing so hard. It's a good thing kids don't notice those things when you're swimming or boating, I would hate that!

The Wedgie! haha


A Way too big Deal!

Okay, I am posting this because of Jon's constant persuading. I participated in the NATS competition this year. Which, for those of you who don't know, it is a competition of vocal students from around the state who compete in seperate divisions, singing 3 classical songs for judges. ( the short version of what NATS is). I did this in march and took first place in my division. I thought...Cool, I'm glad that's over! Uh...not really! I did not know there was a winners performance in April. So last Friday I performed at the Assembly Hall at temple square singing an English Art song (thinking that by the time I sang, everyone would be sick of hearing Italian or German) and it was a good experience! Jon was very cute about the whole thing. I was trying very hard to not make this a big deal AT ALL, but he did not make it very easy by surprising me with 2 dozen roses at the end. That jerk!! haha! My family came to see me and that was fun, they haven't seen me sing since college. We all went out to dinner at the Garden restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It was a blast! Here are a few pics of that!

Every one who came to see me! Joan and Ted were there, Jon's parents but they had to run. Thank you to all who came!
What a cutie he is!
Okay this was my prego self standing up there on stage. You can't see me very well but can I just tell you how much turmoil I went through trying to find a "formal" something to wear to this thing being 6 months pregnant. AHHH I barely have things to wear to church!

Oh! I almost forgot!!!! We got to see WICKED last night! It was AMAZING! I had very high expectations having learned a ton of the music for my students and hearing Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith as the original cast doing most of the songs! I was not dissappointed at all!!!!! I loved it and we even had the understudy play Elphaba! It was so good! Thank you Jon for the best Valentines Day gift EVER!

8 comments:

Kara Klc said...

We went to see Wicked last Thursday. It was amazing. I am with you too. I am used to the original cast recording and I almost preferred the leads that I saw the other night. We were also there the same night as President Monson, Dieter Uchtdorf and L Tom Perry. It was a pretty cool night!

Tisha said...

We would have LOVED to be there to see you perform! That is so exciting and you look fantastic!

jilljohnson said...

Congrats about the competiton. You put a lot of hard work into it. I love the boating pictures.

Marianne said...

First of all, thanks for your comment on my blog :) And second of all, winning first place at NATS and getting to sing at the Assembly Hall is a HUGE deal! You should be very proud of yourself! I'm glad Jon made it a big deal and made you write about it because you should. So there.

Kim said...

I completely agree with Marianne- it IS a big deal that you won at NATS and sang at the assembly hall. And I can tell you first hand how proud Jon is of you- he has been telling EVERYONE on our runs about it! I'm sooo jealous about Wicked. I wanted to go so badly, but we just couldn't afford the tickets. I'm sure it was amazing.

Rob and Tiff said...

What an accomplishment. Congratulations! Jon had every right to dote over you and your mad skills. Way to go!

Christy Smith said...

It IS a big deal! Congratulations again, and you look gorgeous (I'm sure you sounded amazing too). We're good for tuesday if you guys are!

Tiff and Rand said...

I LOVE Wicked! One of my favotrite Broadways, I must say. Wow, and I'm very impressed with you taking first at NATS...not surprised though, since I know you're an amazing singer. And by the way, sorry I'm a jerk and NEVER called you back! I totally forgot about it for a while there, prego minds (you know how it is.) So, we'd LOVE to hang out sometime! Bring your kids over and we can have a BBQ! I can't wait to see you guys again, it's been forever. And by the way, Hanna's wedgie was hilarious!