Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Bubba!!!

I am a little late but better late than never right?
It has been a year since this little (BIG) guy entered our lives! And what a joy he has been.
The late night feedings, the carrying of the oxygen tube up and down stairs, the spit up marks on my shirt and the countless drives to the hospital, are a dim memory now that he's a 1 year old! It has been a long journey but one that I have loved so much. I love walking to his room in the morning and listening at his door to hear his little coos. I love how as soon as I pick him up, he throws his binky back in his bed! I love his baby smell ( Yes, I am obsessed with baby lotion STILL!) I love that as soon as I walk into a room, he only has eyes for me! I love his laugh, it's an old man laugh and we all think it's hilarious! I love how he loves the other kids. They love him so much and nothing makes a mother happier than when your children are looking at eachother with that loving smile. I can't imagine our lives without this little guy and I am sad that it is going so fast. I think every parent at some time or another, can't wait for the kids to grow up and move on... I know I do... but I, most of the time, just want my little ones to stay the same. I love who they are and I wish I could bottle every stage up and pull it out when I need my fill!
I don't know what else to say except I love you Bridger, so so much!
Here's a slide show of some of our favorite pics of "Bubba!"

3 comments:

Marianne said...

So cute Ashlee! Next to mine, your kids are the cutest in the world- seriously! They officially have the cutest cheeks ever!

Tisha said...

Happy birthday! He is a CUTIE!

Amy said...

I ADORE his grin. Really, he has the cutest chubby cheeks and his whole face lights up when he is smiling. So glad he is doing so well a year later.