Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Home Sweet Home in Maryland

We are living in a cute little Townhome until we find a house we like.  We searched and searched for a house that fit our family that we liked but just didn't feel good with anything.  Now we know why.  There is sooo many square miles in one ward.   We've been to our ward and love it so we're trying to find something in the ward boundaries.  We were so busy in Utah finishing up moving details, trying to survive Jon traveling and ending voice teaching stuff.  Now we actually have the time to look at houses together.  It's fun!

I'll start from the beginning:

The 4th of July!
We drove to Pennsylvania where there's no illegal fireworks and got a bunch of good ones!
In our wet backyard.  Everything is VERY wet which is why it's so Amazingly GREEN!!!

 Hanna, ever so dainty!  She's full of class!
 I love these pictures with the sparklers, it shows so much of their personalities!
 Bridger is not always crying but it depicts his face when he is!




A hike down the Appalachian Trail!  So beautiful but like I said,  Super hot and STICKY.  It's hard to enjoy our normal summer hikes we do on Saturday mornings when all of us are dripping.  It's usually about 90deg. with about 90% humidity. 


This is a trail right across the street from our house.  We have this beautiful pathway that leads to a park across the street and we try to walk it every morning with the kids.  It's so pretty here!



This is a street  we drove down the other that I just couldn't help take a picture of.  It looks like a picture postcard!  

 A merry go round in the middle of the park! Sometimes it seems so old fashioned here but still so kept up and elegant.  It's very historical.  All of the streets are some sort of representation of the Found Fathers of our Nations.  There are no numbers to help me find where I'm going like in Salt Lake.  In fact even if the road curves, it changes names.  All I can say is, Thank goodness for my map app on my phone!  I live on that thing.

 Our Tuesdays at Green Briar Lake!!! This is the best thing ever!  A bunch of ladies from the ward get together every Tuesday from like 9-2pm and just hang out at the Lake! My kids love and it and it's so beautiful! It's been a really great way to meet new friends!


We took the kids to see Brave a bit ago.  Cute movie!

The Hershey Factory in Pennsylvania! Awesome!!! Jon let us tag along with him on his last business trip to Up State New York and we passed through Hershey Pennsylvania on the way!


 Oh and I had to put this cute picture on here.  So once you walk down that green pathway next to our house, you walk through a little path in the trees and it opens up to this park!  It has a cute lake that is stocked with fish and ducks to feed.  It has an old fashioned merry go round that my  kids love to ride, tennis courts, and a running trail! It's been super nice to have this for the kids since I still don't know where I'm going in this city so we just hang out at home most of the time!
All in all, it's a really great move for our family! I love spending the time with Jon every day.  There is nowhere I'd rather be than with him at my side!


No comments: