Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just about finished!

YAY! Were almost done! We finally finished the flooring, thanks to our handy naighbor Steve who showed us a few shortcuts! It still needs a few things like trim and thresholds but it's coming! The last things are the things that take the most time... they just get put off so easily.


The only thing I'm worried about is that it's super hard to keep clean! I mopped twice yesterday and it still looks dirty, ugh! Luckily there's the swiffer or the B&R Chem-Dry spray thing that works really well!
Thumbs up! While Jon was carrying the stove and refrigerator onto the carpet ( yes, we had to eat in the living room for the weekend and if you've been in my house...you know that's tough to do) Anyway, Hunter kept saying, "Wow dad, you sure are strong" and "This sure is a good-looking floor" Noone says it better than a 3 yr. old! He keeps us laughing and trecking along!

Okay so I just couldn't help taking this cute picture. I know it's random but I love those potty training months where they run around the house with no diaper on! Every time she stoops down she lifts her night gown up so it doesn't get stuck on her knees! So cute and gotta love the morning hair!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OH THE MESS!
Leave Hanna and Hunter in a room together for 5 minutes and it looks like this! I am in the other room thinking wow, they are getting along great! and then I look in!
!
The radio was playing and I just couldn't help peeking in with the camera! I'm still trying to get my sound to work and you can't see it too well but the dancing is so cute! She's not quite sure how to dance until I say " Shake you booty" and you can see when she's just shakin away! At the end, I guess she got sick of me and shut the door in my face! She's one and already needs her privacy!

6 comments:

Tisha said...

Your floor looks so great! I think we STILL have thresholds that might NEVER get put on... until we go to move of course!

Milly said...

wow, that looks so good! I am jealous. I just might have to hard wood my floors. Sorry we couldn't help. If there is anything else that needs to be done, just let me know, and we will be there in a second.
By the way, your kids are hilarious!

Marianne said...

That floor is gorgeous! I love the dark color- that's what Joel wanted in our house. Is it hardwood? Very beautiful! Congratulations! I understand how exciting moments like this are. You had a beautiful home already, but everytime I see it it just gets better and better. God job!
Hannah is so cute! I love her little bum! I don't think there's anything cuter than a baby's bottom!

I'm glad you're able to use my song. How's it going? Let's get together (yeah yeah yeah).

Kara Klc said...

The floor turned out great! I didn't realize how long it's been since I've looked at your blog. I love all the new pictures.

Mare said...

What an awful lot of hard work! The floor looks great! The great thing about home projects is when you get to sit back and enjoy them.. it makes it all worth it. Hope you can enjoy them for a while. Just for the record, I don't even know what a threshhold is..but then, I'm okay with that. It is fun to see your kids growing and developing - especially since we live so far away and get to see them so seldom. Thanks for keeping things updated!

Momma Dil said...

The floor turned out amazing! Be sure to share the great tips you got.