Friday, October 31, 2008

Jon's Graduation!

Finally! It has been long coming and so deserved. Jon's last day of class was last Saturday and he's finished!
I have to say something about his dedication. There are not many people who just work through trials or hard times better than Jon. He is super focused on the things that are important to him and I admire that so much. Most of his days for the past 3 years involved a 4:30am alarm clock ringing so he could get up & run training for the 4 marathons he did this year, then coming home to study for a couple hours before work started. There were many of those nights where he was up until 2 or 3:00am doing those long papers, but most of the time he was so intent on not letting school take up family time.
So, I surprised him this past week with a quick getaway to Anniversary Inn in Logan! If you haven't been there, you're totally missing out, it was awesome. Here are some pics of our room which was called the Bikers Roadhouse! I was kind of hesitant to go there because it costs so much per night but I called to see if they have any discounts and they said they have a student discount during weeknights. Since we are Weber State Alumni, we get any room, all week long, for $129.oo! Great deal huh? You should totally go because it is gorgeous there right now, it was like a dream!

The kids and I made a sign for him for when he got home on his last day.
BIKERS ROADHOUSE
This was one of their newest rooms and so everything was the best! BEST bath tub ever! The jets were amazing.

A fountain machine in the room! Jon's favorite part was the hot dog roaster! It looks like a toaster there on the counter but NO... it's really a hot dog/ bun cooker! Men are easily amused!



This is the pool table where I beat Jon at pool! I better give him some credit, he taught me and won the first 2 games! After that though, he was history!
This is right as you walk in, Isn't that awesome?
Outside, they have a little river running next the Inn and all the leaves were falling. It was really wonderful!
Also.....when he graduated he gave me a graduation present, Desert Star season tickets for 2009! We love going there, I'm psyched! He says it's OUR graduation, and I think I agree! He definitely deserves everything in the world but we did feel like we didn't have a daddy some of that time. YAY! Here's to having our daddy back!!!

8 comments:

maidmarian4 said...

CONGRATS to Jon (and his family for supporting him)! :) How cool. Thanks for the info on the Anniversary Inn discount! Awesome!

Julz said...

Congrats Jon! That huge!!! And I LOVE Anniversary Inn- that room looks great!!! And I am also a really huge fan of Desert Star. I'm so sad I can't go all the time anymore!! What a great gift!! So it looks like we'll see you guys next weekend!! Can't wait!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! I remember the feeling of relief to know that they are FINALLY done! Sounds like so much fun all your celebrating.

Momma Dil said...

You guys are so cute...I'm glad you got to relax and have some fun after all that hard work. Congrats - you did it!

Katie said...

Oh my how exciting is that?!? I am so happy for you guys. Tell Jon Congrats!

K.L. said...

Brother Jon Harris. I'm so glad that I finally took a look at your family's blog. Gosh you got lucky... your wife is a knock-out & your kids are adorable. Man, Heavenly Father hooked you up big time. Well, i just wanted to pop in and say hi... plus, I'd like to put a face to the voice on the phone. It's a pleasure Sister Harris to work with your Husband (plus knowing that there's another member at PareXLahabra). Have a great night.

Rob and Tiff said...

That is really awesome. Congratulations to both of you. It's hard work putting your hubby through school. It sounds like he's a very lucky guy too, I mean that room is awesome.

Congratulations again.

Tisha said...

Congrats Jon! We are so proud of you. You are SO lucky to have such an awesome wife like Ashlee to support you!