Thursday, November 13, 2008

A weekend of just adults???

We got to go to St. George this last weekend with a bunch of friends from our ward and NO KIDS! It was so much fun and painful! I mean that in the best sense...I had a horrible case of Strep Throat. Yuck, it was the worst one ever and I have had my fare share of throat sicknesses. But we had a ton of fun anyway. Jon ran the half marathon and I ran the 5K! That group of friends is so much fun, us girls got pedicures on Friday while the men went golfing, then we all went out to dinner at the Pizza Factory which was, as always, YUMMY!
Ahhh! A much needed pedicure!

Our Tops!
Our Bottoms!


We came back to our condo and played games! Jon and Abe played the Wii, which was way too much fun, we might have to get us one of those! It was so funny, they were doing boxing and, well, they just looked really funny from the behind! They blamed the boxing workout they had for not finishing as quickly as they would have in the race. Funny!


The next morning we all had an intense morning workout! It was so much fun, we already want to do it again next year, thanks guys, that was a blast!
Abe Dilworth, Meredith Harker, Jon & Mike Keyser. Getting ready for the race!
Sherry & I as we FINALLY came to our finish line!
Jon & Mike right as they finished! Still feeling good, I hate them!
This was all of us! Julie & Craig came to see us finish! They drove all the way from Mesquite, how sweet of them! Thanks guys, we sure miss ya!
Well it was a blast!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks! Well I know it's a little late but here's a few pics of Halloween and the kids in their cute costumes! We do our famous Halloween pancakes on Halloween morning (and way too many mornings leading up to it.)
OOH! Frankenstein! Hunter's new invention!






The kids & I went to Gardner Village with Amy & Keith before Halloween! That was a fun tradition I think we should start right Amy?! Thanks for coming down, we love it when you do!

I know, I know I need to rake my yard! You have to get a few good pictures first right?
THis is Hanna's game of "Daddy where are you?" What a good sport!
And this is after the Trick-or-Treating! Fun stuff, and yes...I am eating all their candy now. Gotta love Halloween!

7 comments:

Marianne said...

What fun! Sometimes I forget what it's like to have a whole day let alone a weekend with just adults. A few weeks ago I had the weekend at Kim's scrapbooking, and I left Noah at home and kept Clara. It was weird to not have Noah. I kept wondering what he was up to because he was so quiet or I'd think it was time to get him ready for bed. Weird. It's nice to be without them but your sure miss them too! Anyway, I can't believe you ran a 5k and had strep throat! Crazy girl! Good job, though. I love your toes! Very cute. I have never endulged in a pedicure. I want to, but I'm kinda nervous to go by myself for some reason. Plus, I'd feel guilty doing it. I don't know why. I don't feel guilty when I buy clothes or craft supplies. Silly me.

Your kids look so cute on Halloween! Noah saw a lot of kids dressed as Spiderman, and I think he thought it was really cool. He would have loved to see Hunter in his costume! I love your cute pancakes. What a cute idea! I'll have to remember that for next year. What a cute mom you are!

Amy said...

I definetly want to continue with our newly started tradition of Gardner Village. It was a blast! Thanks for letting us come and play. Your kids are so darn cute! and Congrats on your 5K! I will get there eventually.

Julz said...

We so loved seeing you guys! I'm really glad that we got to do that. Hopefully we can do that again soon! Oh and I LOVED those pancakes!! What a great tradition!

Mare said...

Congrats on your 5K! Way to go! By the way - you look so cute in your photos - I love your hair!

Momma Dil said...

We went, we ran, we conquered! So...10k? LOL!

Rob and Tiff said...

Awesome job on running the 5K. It looks like you have an awesome group of friends to hang out with. I'm jealous of your vacation, good friends, fun and a good workout...what better way to spend a vacation! Your kids are adorable and their costumes are so fun!

Abe said...

You forgot to mention that I beat Jon at Boxing! :)